We would like to thank all of our customers for their continued support and patience during this trying time. We understand that many of you will have questions regarding how your booking may have been affected by the recent emergence of COVID-19 and sincerely hope that these FAQs provide some guidance and clarity.
If you have a booking with Chelmsford City Racecourse for a raceday which has been cancelled or postponed, you will be contacted directly with information on how you can rearrange your booking to another date, or apply for a refund.
The safety of customers, participants and team at Chelmsford City Racecourse is our number one priority. As a responsible business that means we have been following (and will continue to follow) all of the ongoing coronavirus information and requirements from the government and racing's governing and licensing body, the British Horseracing Authority (BHA). When we last raced on 12th March, clear signage was in place at all entrances and, as they arrived, we asked customers to confirm that they did not meet the prevailing medical "staying at home" criteria. Additional sanitisers were placed throughout the buildings and a remote isolation unit was set up just in case anyone felt they had developed coronavirus symptoms whilst in attendance. This was not needed.
In line with the government's most recent guidelines, our racecourse is closed at the current time. Some of our team continue to work from home and are contactable via mobile and email. All of our team is well aware of what they need to do if they develop coronavirus symptoms. We also strongly urge you to follow all the latest official public health advice.
Once an event has officially been cancelled, the racecourse will offer the opportunty to move your booking or alternatively apply for a full refund.
Refunds typically take up to seven days to process depending on your bank.
Yes, whilst we do not yet know exactly when our next fixture will be staged, our automated booking system on our website and app is fully operational and you can currently book tickets for any fixture.
Our tickets are non transferable. Any ticket bought privately from an individual who did purchase directly from the racecourse is not valid. If you do buy a ticket privately in this way, you will have to pay full price at the ticket office.
If you have booked into one of our restaurants, our team will contact you to seamlessly move your booking to the rescheduled event. This will mean that you are still booked into the same restaurant, unless of course you wish to potentially upgrade and/or increase the size of your booking. If that is the case, we will do our very best to arrange this for you, subject to availability.
All events are currently postponed until further notice in light of the government's latest advice. We very much hope to rearrange as many of these as possible in due course. Should you wish to enquire about holding an event with us later in the year, please email email@example.com.
The racecourse is curently liaising with third party sellers to determine how these bookings will be handled. In the meantime, you are advised to contact the outlet where you purchased your ticket for specific updates and with regard to refund policies.
Chelmsford City Racecourse's number one priority is keeping all its customers, participants and staff safe. When the BHA do authorise racing to take place again, it will very likely be behind closed doors initially with no customers in attendance. When we do stage our first fixture back after this nationwide cancellation of horseracing and then eventually host fixtures with the public in attendance, we will ensure we meet all of the latest operational and health criteria stipulated by the BHA at those times. Any new criteria and standards will have been a result of the BHA's ongoing discussions with governmental departments and public health agencies.
This is still a developing situation and we are working hard to keep everyone as informed as possible. The BHA is responsible for allowing all British racecourses to stage their fixtures and as things stand, all racing has been cancelled until at least the end of April. Our next scheduled fixture remains 7th May, but even if this is staged it is very likely that the racing would be behind closed doors. Please follow our social channels for regular updates as this is very much an evolving picture.
We will do our utmost to reschedule artists, but it may be that circumstances outside of our control do not make this possible. However, our team will contact you with up to date information closer to the event date.
The British Horseracing Authority (BHA), horseracing’s governing body, has now confirmed that they are intending to resume racing from 1st June. However, all of these racedays - and any other fixtures allocated for the foreseeable future - will be “behind closed doors” meaning that no members of the public are permitted to attend and will be subject to Government approval. Chelmsford City Racecourse has been allocated one such raceday on Monday, 8th June and we look forward to seeing horses and jockeys return to the racecourse next month.
If you are required to attend a "behind closed doors" fixture, please view our Code of Conduct here.
© 2020 Chelmsford City Racecourse, All rights reserved